My name is Janine Ebling and I am mummy to our two school age children. I have 6 years previous experience working as a midwife locally in Guildford, Surrey. I love helping people and take a lot of satisfaction in making a positive difference to the experiences of a new family!
- Qualified as a midwife in 2000
- Worked at the Royal Surrey County Hospital for 6 years, working as part of the midwifery-led unit there for a number of years, gaining much valuable and relevant experience in the care of newborns and their mothers
- Chose to leave midwifery in 2006 when my second child was born, so that I could stay home full time with my children, which I firmly believe was a good choice for our family
- Successfully breastfed both children for many months, which included struggles with colic, low milk supply and thrush (very happy to support you however you feed your baby!)
- Personal experience of postnatal depression and coming through the other side!
During my time as a midwife, I loved the real 'midwifery'- being with women, supporting them, and making a difference to their experience in the hospital, but found it increasingly frustrating that due to staff shortages, I couldn't do my job properly, and could only do the bare minimum to help.
Working as a postnatal doula allows me to spend the time needed with families to really make a tangible difference and it is also a role that fits well with my own family commitments now my children are at school.
Being a postnatal doula fulfils my passion for supporting new mothers and babies, and draws on my many and varied experiences as a midwife and mother. I am therefore able to offer informed and sensitive care to your family in a unique manner.
I am reliable, punctual, conscientious and quiet natured, and so will offer a gentle but supportive presence in your home without being overbearing. I will walk through those early days with you, supporting you and enabling you to become the best mother you can be, getting your family off to a great start!
Snippets from various different families- (fuller versions can be read on the testimonials tab)
"Janine just rolls up her sleeves and gets on with it from the minute she walks in the door...she has completely surpassed all our expectations and wishes"
"her reassurance and advice was invaluable in the early days"
"she encouraged me, helped me with practical tasks and showed me how to be a mum and enjoy it"
"You could always tell the days she had been- I'd eaten proper meals during the day, I'd had a nap, the washing was done and neatly folded, the kitchen tidy. It meant that I was calm and rested"
"she had a very calming effect on me"
"having Janine support my wife and look after our twin boys has taken away any worry I had of leaving my wife to manage on her own"
"she has a real intuitive approach"
"I would highly recommend Janine to other families without hesitation and miss her here already!"
I hope the factors mentioned below will reassure you of the quality of care you will receive from me (documents can be seen on request).
- I have completed the BirthBliss doula training course
- I have attended the UNICEF Baby Friendly Breastfeeding training course in April 2014, and two further breastfeeding study days in Spring 2015
- I have experience of caring for twins
- I work as a recognised doula, and I am a member of Doula UK, which reassures you I have undertaken appropriate training, and have completed their mentoring programme
- I am a trained Babywearing peer supporter, attending courses with School of BabyWearing in June 2015 and with Born to Carry in May 2016
- I have a clean, enhanced criminal records (DBS) certificate for working with children (issued June 2015), and with vulnerable adults (issued Sept 2017)
- I have a full, clean driving licence
- I have completed St Johns Ambulance Paediatric First Aid training in January 2017 (valid for 3 years)
- I have public liability and malpractice insurance cover